Hope you're all well and thank-you for taking the time to click on this thread.
I am a final year medical student and I am looking to explore what the reasons are for diabetics eating/buying diabetic labelled foods, that is foods labelled as being specifically for diabetics.
I would appreciate it if you could let me know on here, or even via a private message your reasons for eating diabetic labelled foods:
1) What is the primary reason for you eating them? I.e. What are the benefits you believe they will bring?
2) Who buys them? Carer, friends, family
3) When do you eat them? - Special occasions and holidays (Christmas, etc), daily, weekly treat, etc
4) Do you find them affordable? How do you find the price difference between diabetic labelled foods and their non-diabetic equivalents?
5) What makes you choose diabetic foods over non-diabetic ones?
6) Did anyone recommend them to you? (Doctor, friend, relative, etc)
If you DO NOT eat diabetic labelled foods, I would be interested in hearing what your reasoning is behind this. If you don't eat them because you can't for any reason (price, availability, etc) but would like to, then I'd be interested to hear what is preventing you.
Have you ever/do you feel that you should be buying and eating diabetic labelled foods over their equivalents if available?
The above are just some things I would be interested to hear about but you don't need to answer all of them. Please add your general thoughts/feelings also or any important questions which you feel are important that I've missed out.
If you've read this far, thank-you so much! I look forward to hearing from you. I know I've asked a lot of questions, but feel free just to answer whichever ones you want to or to give your thoughts even if its not relevant to any of the questions above.