Gestational Diabetes?

I have just been told I have Gestational Diabetes. I am obviously pregnant. Not sure if this is the best support group for me or not. But I can’t seem to find one for my specific needs. I know nothing about Diabetes. (Well… I guess I know the basics and have a general idea). But I know very little. Is this a good group for me to be a part of, or should I be somewhere else? Thanks in advance!

During pregnancy – usually around the 24th week – many women develop gestational diabetes. A diagnosisthe determination of a disease from its signs and symptoms.X of gestational diabetes doesn’t mean that you had diabetes before you conceived, or that you will have diabetes after giving birth. But it’s important to follow your doctor’s advice regarding blood glucosethe main sugar found in the blood and the body’s main source of energy. Also called blood sugar.X (blood sugar1. A class of carbohydrates with a sweet taste, including glucose, fructose and sucrose. 2. A term used to refer to blood glucose.X) levels while you’re planning your pregnancy, so you and your baby both remain healthy.

i’m 11 weeks pregnant and have been diagnosed since I was barely 3 weeks pregnant with gestational diabetes. I was scared at first but once I went and talked to the drs it was easier to deal with. I’m still learning what I can and can’t eat and what spikes my sugars and doesn’t. You’ll do great its a step by step process don’t hesitate to ask question when you go to your clinic.