Recipe for avocados stuffed with tuna salad made with peas, corn, carrots, hardboiled egg, tomato, parsley, and salsa rosada.
• 1 5 oz. can of tuna fish
• ½ small white onion, finely chopped
• ½ cup cooked green peas
• ½ cup cooked corn
• ½ cup cooked and diced carrots
• 1 hardboiled egg, diced
• 1 small tomato, seeded and finely chopped
• 1 hot pepper, chopped finely (optional)
• 1 cup of salsa rosada
• 1 tbs chopped parsley, plus more to garnish
• 6 ripe but firm avocados
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 12 lettuce leaves, washed
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, combine the tuna, chopped onions, green peas, corn, carrots, egg, tomato, hot pepper, parsley and ½ cup of the salsa rosada. Mix all the ingredients together and add salt/pepper to taste.
2. Cut the avocados lengthwise, remove the seed and peel the avocados, drizzle the lemon juice over the avocados to prevent them from darkening.
3. Place the lettuce leaves on a large serving platter or an individual plates and place the avocados halves on top.
4. Fill the avocados with the tuna stuffing, add some of the remaining salsa rosada on top of each avocado and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
5. Serve immediately.